Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Novena to Our Lady of Mt Carmel July 5-15

O glorious Queen of Angels! Most pure and ever Blessed Virgin Mary of Mt Carmel! Powerful advocate of all those who wear thy holy scapular! Faithful protectress of all the servants of thy Son Jesus Christ! I, an unworthy sinner, do this day, in the presence of thy beloved Son, my Saviour, choose thee for my Patroness, that, through thy intercession, I may received from Him whatsoever grace may be necessary and profitable for me now, and at the hour of my death. Amen.

(Our Father and Hail Mary three times)

Let us pray

O most glorious and Blessed Virgin Mary of Mt Carmel! I, an unworthy wearer of thy holy scapular, confident, however, that the Church does not call thee in vain the "Refuge of Sinners," do bessech thee to make me sensible of the favours thou conferred upon me, by promoting the welfare of thy holy Order, that, being truly contrite for past offenses, I may, by thy aid and assistance, break the chains of my slavery, and live henceforward in the happy liberty of the children of God. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, who, with the Father and the Holy Spirit, liveth and reigneth, one God, world without end. Amen.


No comments: