Sunday, February 28, 2010

Please pray for the Carmelites in Chile

I received news through the kindness of Sister MJ that the Carmelite sisters in Auco (St Teresa of the Andes' community) are well after the earthquake but that they have suffered damages in their roof and items (broken statues, etc.). Other Carmelite communities have suffered damages, and so far there are no news from the community in Concepción, one of the hardest hit cities who had yet another earthquake this morning. I have written to Mother Prioress in Auco to ask how we can help them. Please, do NOT send cash or international money order to the sisters. Currency of these types always get stolen/confiscated by the postal service there. In the past I tried sending money to them and it was stolen every single time. It was then that Mother told me about wire transfer. I'm guessing that the Red Cross has gone to help those suffering most. But money's needed to repair the tile roof and other broken items, and get new statuary, etc., of which the Carmelites are very fond of. As soon as I get additional news I will post them here in the blog. For now, please continue to offer prayer and sacrifice for our Carmelites in Chile, all those who are suffering, and the faithful departed.


God reward you!


Our Lady of Mt Carmel and all Carmelite saints, pray for them! St Joseph, pray for them!

No comments: