Saturday, February 6, 2010

I praise

I praise Thy forgiveness, that has addressed me so long,
I praise Thy tenderness that was your glory, Thy compassion that called me, Thy kindness that welcomed me, Thy mercy that has forgiven my sins, Thy goodness that has been manifested beyond my merits, Thy patience, which has protected me, Eternity that should preserve me, Truth that will give me the reward.


-- Lodo... by Valeria Carta, ocds
translated by ocdsister


** Valeria Carta (1944-1984) was an Italian lay woman. She left school after fifth grade and at the age of 12 she began to work as a domestic worker. In 1960 she was diagnosed with transverse myelitis (a neurological disorder), and from that time her life became a real calvary, going from one nursing home to another. In 1969 she entered the Discalced Carmelite Third Order, having a great love for St Teresa, St John of the Cross and St Thérèse. My understanding is that her cause has been introduced.

No comments: