Saturday, August 21, 2010

Merge yourself into this divine fellowship of the Three Persons

"Lord Jesus, I say it and repeat once again: Thou art my God! I may call Thee so, for Thy Eucharist is Thy sacred humanity whole and entire, subsisting only in God, in the Word whom Thou art, one with the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Indeed, I cannot cry out to Thee: My God, without calling at the same time upon that Father, that Son and Holy Spirit. It is even impossible for me to separate You, the three adorable Persons, when, O Jesus, I call Thee: My God! There is, there can only be, a single God, One in essence, Three in Persons.

When I receive Thee it is therefore impossible to do so without receiving the Father and the Holy Spirit. I am in the Father, Thou tellest us, and the Father in me... He hath not left me alone. But wherever You are, Father and Son, the two, there must necessarily also be the Holy Spirit, for without the Three together, there would no longer be God.

Is it not especially at this moment, now that I know Thou art in me, in the depths of my being, that the very sweet promise of Thy heart is fulfilled: If any one love me, ... my Father will love him, and we will come to him and will make our abode with him?

I am the abode of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit; I am their temple, nay even the most secret sanctuary of that temple. Can I doubt it without calling in question the truth of the Gospel? Believe it, O my soul; believe it in the fullness of unwavering faith. Then, by that faith which disengages you from all things, immerse yourself in this mystery of the Father engendering His Son, the mystery of the Father and the Son from whom proceeds the Holy Spirit.

While you are in Jesus Christ who gratifies your hunger and thirst with all that He is, Man and God, merge yourself into this divine fellowship of the Three Persons, adoring the God, One in substance in the Trinity of these Persons.

Let yourself be absorbed in this mystery expressing in you an eternal Utterance, His only Utterance, entirely like, entirely equal to Himself, in which He speaks Himself, all that He is and all that He has, all His infinite perfections; essential, living Utterance known as His Word, or again His Son, Son of God, the only Son of the Father."

-- Pledge of Glory: Meditations on the Eucharist and the Trinity by Dom Eugene Vandeur

No comments: