Monday, February 28, 2011

That this love may be so strong that never will anything stop it

"It would only be right, O my God, that each minute, each second, I should say to Thee without ceasing, O my Jesus I love Thee, and that thus I may fill, day and night, the emptiness and the fullness of my heart. But, alas, O my Jesus, my poor human nature hinders me from carrying out this incessant act of love. So condescend to consider, I beseech Thee, each word, each movement, each breath, as so many acts of love, which, beating in unison with Thy Heart, extending Thy reign, sanctifying Thy Name, they may be steps which lead me to Thee and make me taste the joys of the children of God.... That this love may be so strong that never will anything stop it, and that I may be able to cry, 'I have no longer anything, anything which has not been given.'"

-- The Life of Gabrielle Lefebvre by Fr Le Crom

No comments: