Sunday, June 7, 2009

Feast of the Most Holy Trinity


"O eternal Trinity, You are a deep sea in which the more I seek the more I find, and the more I find, the more I seek to know You. You fill us insatiably, because the soul, before the abyss which You are, is always famished; and hungering for You, O eternal Trinity, it desires to behold truth in Your light. 

You are the supreme and infinite Good, good above all good; which good is joyful, incomprehensible, inestimable; beauty exceeding all other beauty; wisdom surpassing all wisdom, because you are Wisdom itself. Good of angels, giving Yourself with fire of love to men! (...) Clothe me, O eternal Trinity, clothe me with Yourself, so that I may pass this mortal life in true obedience and in the light of the most holy faith with which You have inebriated my soul." -- St Catherine of Siena, Doctor of the Church

No comments: