Friday, April 23, 2010

Memorial of Bl Teresa Maria of the Cross


"She was born at Campi Bisenzio, Florence, where in 1874 she founded the Congregation of Carmelite Sisters of Saint Teresa, whom she also sent to Lebanon and the Holy Land. She lived joyfully, body and soul, the mystery of the Cross in full conformity to the will of God, and she was outstanding for her love for the Eucharist, and her maternal care for children and for the poor. She died at Campi Bisenzio on 23rd April, 1910."

-- From the Discalced Carmelite Proper

Bl Teresa Maria of the Cross was beatified on 19 October 1986 by John Paul II. She is the patron saint of people ridiculed for their piety.

-o-

"When I was in the world, it was enough that I was doing a fashion, because all my companions would follow. So, I thought, if they all come back to me in doing wrong, they will also come in doing good."

-- From the writings of Bl Teresa Maria of the Cross, ocd
translated by ocdsister

No comments: